lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sameer Maggon <sam...@searchstax.com>
Subject Re: Local development and SolrCloud
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2018 00:32:59 GMT
Why not just revert to everything SolrCloud? The advantages you will have
is that you or your other team members are using the same APIs, parameters,
experience, etc. that they will be using when they go from one environment
to another. It would be less confusion to explain to someone why you are
doing one thing in one environment and another in another. It does not seem
like there is an overhead if you used SolrCloud in your lower environments
or locally too.

You don't have to run a cluster within your local environment, you can
still have a single node "acting" as SolrCloud.

Maybe I am missing something, but what advantages or benefit you get for
*not* using SolrCloud locally?

--
Sameer Maggon
https://www.searchstax.com