lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Greenhorn Techie <greenhorntec...@gmail.com>
Subject Calculating maxShardsPerNode
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2018 15:37:56 GMT
Hi,

Our cluster is a 20 node with numShards expected to be set to 10 and
replication expected to be 4. Wondering what is the best value to
set maxShardsPerNode to? Should I consider only numShards while calculating
the value i.e. because I have only 10 shards, should I set maxShardsPerNode
to 1or at number of physical replicas i.e. numShards * replicationFactor.
So should I set maxShardsPerNode to 2 because the total physical replicas
are 40 (numShards * replicationFactor) while the number of nodes are only
20?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks