lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: [EXTERNAL] - Re: join works with a core, doesn't work with a collection
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2018 09:32:30 GMT
Hi,

You can have multiple nodes as long as you make sure that your collection has only one shard,
then the joins will work.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 30. aug. 2018 kl. 19:51 skrev Steve Pruitt <bpruitt@opentext.com>:
>
> Shawn,
>
> You are correct.  I created another setup.  This time with 1 node, 1 shard, 2 replicas
and the join worked!
> Running with the example SolrCloud setup doesn't work for join queries.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -S

There are node to HW considerations if you are joining across different Collections.
> But, the same Collection?  Tell me this is not so.
>
> -S

it the defaults.  They are both running on the same machine, but if part of the data is on
the instance running on port