lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Need Help on Solr Client connection Pooling
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2018 15:04:29 GMT
On 8/30/2018 2:13 AM, Gembali Satish kumar wrote:
> *SolrClient client = new HttpSolrClient.Builder(*
> * SolrUtil.getSolrURL(tsConfigUtil.getClusterAdvertisedAddress(),
> aInCollectionName)).build();*
>
> after my job search done, I am closing my client.
> *client.close();*
>
> but from UI getting more requests to search the data
> I think to create the *client object *on every request is costly is there
> any way to pool the *SolrClient objects?*?
> If there kindly share me the reference

Yes, creating the client on every request is costly.

Supplementing what Shalin told you:

Exactly which version of SolrJ you're running can affect how many
threads can use the object at the same time, unless you explicitly build
it to handle more.  Newer versions set it up with lots of thread
capability, but older versions just create the internal HttpClient
object with defaults.  By default, HttpClient only allows two threads.

What version of SolrJ are you using?

Thanks,
Shawn