lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Upgrading SOLR (not clustered)
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2018 20:42:12 GMT
On 7/25/2018 10:38 AM, Staley, Phil R - DCF wrote:
> What are the steps for upgrading a non-clustered SOLR version?  Here's what I thought
should work:

That depends on how you did the initial install.

If you used the service installer script that's included with Solr to do
the initial install:  Stop the existing service, then run that script
again from the new version with the same commandline options, adding the
-f option to force the install even though the service already exists.

If you did not use the service installer script, then you would need to
discuss this with whoever installed Solr on your system and ask them
what needs to happen.

Thanks,
Shawn