lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Collection created error: Can't find resource 'solrconfig.xml'
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2018 04:25:07 GMT
>From your SO post:

"I've also created a directory /configs (as indicated by the error) on
every node and copied the 'web' configset files
(/share/solr/server/solr/web) that I want to use for overriding the
collection default configuration. However, this didn't solve the
problem."

Do not copy files around like this, not only is it unnecessary, but it
also masks (at best) the real problem. I'd urge you to remove all
those directories, not so much that Solr will be confused as their
presence will be confusing later.

The problem has to be that you didn't really upload the configs to the
right place. Go to the admin UI page, cloud>>tree and then in the
right pane you should be seeing a view of your Zookeeper data, and
there should be a /configs node. Under that node you should see all of
the configsets you've uploaded, including a "web" znode with all the
files below it you'd expect. Be sure to look here on a node other than
node-n01, all your Solr nodes' admin screens should show the exact
same Zookeeper (tree) information.

Some possiblities:

> you didn't upload the configs to the Zookeeper ensemble that's being used by the rest
of Solr. The upconfig command uses "-zkhost node-n01:2181", do all of the other Solr instances
also start with "-z node-n01:2181"?

> your configset in Zookeeper is a level too low or high or just in some unexpected place.

> your Solr instances aren't all pointing to the same Zookeeper ensemble that you uploaded
your "web" configset to.

> you're somehow running embedded Zookeeper on one node

How do you start your Solr instances? Do they all use the proper
external Zookeeper ensemble? Those messages rather look like you
aren't starting your Solr instances in cloud mode. I can;t make that
square with your create command knowing they're there, but you get the
idea.

How do you start your Zookeeper ensemble?

As for why you can use "techproducts", again I think you're pointing
to different ZKs.

Best,
Erick

On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 6:41 PM, Reem <reem.suwaileh@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have Solr-7.2.1 running on a cluster of 32 linux nodes/servers (+ a node that hosts
ZooKeeper). I wanted to create a collection with the following command:
> [solr@node-n03 solr]$ curl "node-n03:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=web&numShards=32&replicationFactor=1&maxShardsPerNode=1&collection.configName=web"
>
> Before that I uploaded the configuration into ZooKeeper using this command:
> ./server/scripts/cloud-scripts/zkcli.sh -zkhost node-n01:2181 -cmd upconfig -confname
web -confdir /share/solr-7.2.1/server/configs/web

> However, I'm getting this error for the 32 nodes:
> …"IP.IP.IP.56:8983_solr":"org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException:Error
from server at http://IP.IP.IP.56:8983/solr: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'web_shard13_replica_n24':
Unable to create core [web_shard13_replica_n24] Caused by: Can't find resource 'solrconfig.xml'
in classpath or '/configs/web', cwd=/share/solr-7.2.1/server" …