lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Pavel Micka <Pavel.Mi...@zoomint.com>
Subject SolrCloud acceptable latency, when to use CDCR?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:01:33 GMT
Hi,

We are discussing advantages of SolrCloud Replication and Cross Data Center Replication (CDCR).
In CDCR docs, it is written that
"The SolrCloud architecture is not particularly well suited for situations where a single
SolrCloud cluster consists of nodes in separated data clusters connected by an expensive pipe".

But we fail to find, what latency is acceptable for SolrCloud/ZK and when we should start
considering using CDCR (master-slave). And what would be the issues if we install SolrCloud
on problematic network?

Thanks in advance,

Pavel