lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Get transaction count from ZooKeeper transaction logs
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2018 00:48:32 GMT
On 7/10/2018 3:32 PM, Jostein Elvaker Haande wrote:
> I'm trying to find an effective way to find the number of transactions
> stored in the ZooKeeper transaction logs. The only method I've found so far
> is by using the Java class 'org.apache.zookeeper.server.LogFormatter' which
> outputs the following after it has formatted a log file:
>
>    EOF reached after 203 txns.
>
> Now I could of course make a script to process each log file through this
> log formatter, and extract the count from the last line of stdout, but I'm
> wondering if there's an easier method.
>
> I've read through the ZK documentation, and tried the ZK commands (aka The
> Four Letter Words) to see if any of these offer this metric, but I could
> not see it.

You have detailed questions about the inner workings of ZooKeeper.  This
is not a ZooKeeper mailing list.  It is a Solr mailing list.  The
ZooKeeper project has its own support resources.  That project is going
to be in a far better position to have access to the information that
you need.

http://zookeeper.apache.org/lists.html
http://zookeeper.apache.org/irc.html

Thanks,