lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Hodder, Rick" <RHod...@navg.com>
Subject SOLR 7.1 Top level element for similarity factory
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2018 21:41:00 GMT
I'm using SOLR 7.1 and I'm trying to set the similarity factory back to ClassicSimilarityFactory
so that it will behave like SOLR 6 or before.

In the document

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_1/other-schema-elements.html#similarity

It says

This default behavior can be overridden by declaring a top level <similarity/> element
in your schema.xml, outside of any single field type. This similarity declaration can either
refer directly to the name of a class with a no-argument constructor, such as in this example
showing BM25Similarity:

<similarity class="solr.BM25SimilarityFactory"/>

So I have the following at the bottom of my schema.xml file

    <similarity class="org.apache.solr.search.similarities.ClassicSimilarityFactory"></similarity>
</schema>

The documentation says "top level element" - so should that actually be outside the schema
tag?

Thanks,

Rick Hodder
Information Technology