lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Derek Poh <d...@globalsources.com>
Subject Re: How to find out which search terms have matches in a search
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2018 02:29:28 GMT
Hi Erik

I have explored the facetquery but it doesnotreally help. Thank you for
your suggestion.

On 12/6/2018 7:49 PM, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Derek -
>
> One trick I like to do is try various forms of a query all in one go.   With facet=on,
you can:

>    &facet.query=big brown bear
>    &facet.query=big brown
>    &facet.query=brown bear
>    &facet.query=big
>    &facet.query=brown
>    &facet.query=bear
>
> The returned counts give you an indication of what queries matched docs in the result
set, and which didn’t.   If you did this with q=*:* you’d see how each of those matched
across the entire collection.

that.   An oldie but a goodie: https://www.slideshare.net/lucenerevolution/hatcher-erik-rapid-prototyping-with-solr/12
<https://www.slideshare.net/lucenerevolution/hatcher-erik-rapid-prototyping-with-solr/12>

> 4.10.4?   woah
>
> 	Erik Hatcher
> 	Senior Solutions Architect, Lucidworks.com
>

>> On Jun 11, 2018, at 11:16 PM, Derek Poh <dpoh@globalsources.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> How can I find out which search terms have matches in a search?
>>
>> Eg.
>> The search terms are "big brown bear".And only "big" and "brown" have matches in
the searchresult.
>> Can Solr return this information that "big" and "brown" have matches in the search
result?
>> I want touse this information to display on the search result page that "big" and
"brown" have matches.
>> Somethinglike "big brown bear".
>>
>> Amusing solr 4.10.4.
>>
>> Derek

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>> This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error,
please inform the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) from
your computer, and you must not use, disclose to anyone else or copy this e-mail (including
any attachments), whether in whole or in part.
>> This e-mail and any reply to it may be monitored for security, legal, regulatory
compliance and/or other appropriate reasons.