lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From TK Solr <tksol...@sonic.net>
Subject Re: Windows monitoring software for Solr recommendation
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2018 04:26:17 GMT

> How about Apache procrun/commons-daemon?
>
> https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/procrun.html
Thank you, I'll take a look.

On 6/5/18 1:51 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> The best bet for
> an easy service install is probably NSSM.  It's got a name that some
> people hate, but a lot of people use it successfully.
>
> https://nssm.cc/
Thank you, I'll take a look at this one too.

> You mentioned looking at a GC log.  Can you provide that entire log for
> analysis?
Thank you for your offer to help. But I don't really think this is a memory
related issue.
I visualized the GC log with GCMV (GCVM?) and the graph shows Solr was using
less than half of the heap space at the peak.
This Solr doesn't get much query traffic and no indexing was running.
It's really a sudden death of JVM with no trace.

The only concern I have is that the Solr config files are that of Solr 5.x and
they just upgraded to Solr 6.6. But I understand Solr 6 supports Solr 5
compatible mode. Has there been any issue in the compatibility mode?

TK