lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Can replace the IP with the hostname or some unique identifier for each node in Solr
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2018 13:03:53 GMT
On 6/8/2018 6:52 AM, akshat wrote:
> My question -> Is it possible to some way we can trick the
> ​S​olr by replacing the IP which it shows in the graph to some unique
> identifier so that when swarm brings the new node it should still be
> pointing to the unique identifier name, not the IP.

Each Solr node registers itself in live_nodes when it starts.  If you do
not provide specific information, it will detect its own IP address and
use that.  All you have to do is provide specific host information.

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_3/parameter-reference.html#solrcloud-instance-parameters

Thanks,
Shawn