lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr 'healthcheck' command
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2018 04:09:38 GMT
On 6/5/2018 9:43 PM, Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo wrote:
> I understand that we can do the health checking of the Solr by using the
> solr.cmd command under ./bin/solr, which is run from command prompt.
>
> Would like to check, is this feature available via URL from browser?
>
> I am using Solr 7.3.1.

The healthcheck action in SolrCLI, which looks like it only works with
SolrCloud, appears to take these actions:

1) Finds the first shard leader for the named collection, does an http
HEAD request to make sure it's responding.
2) Does a *:* query on the named collection to make sure there is a good
response.
3) Then it sends this URL to a host with a leader replica and gathers
some info about the system.

http://host:port/solr/admin/info/system

Doing the *:* query on the collection would give you the important part
of the healthcheck.  If the response has a 200 code, chances are
excellent that it's working.

Thanks,
Shawn