lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Solr basic auth
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2018 21:18:04 GMT
Of course, but Dinesh explicitly set blockUnknown=true below, so in this case ALL requests
must have credentials. There is currently no feature that lets Solr accept any request by
other rules, all requests are forwarded to the chosen authentication plugin.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 15. jun. 2018 kl. 19:12 skrev Terry Steichen <terry@net-frame.com>:
>
> "When authentication is enabled ALL requests must carry valid
> credentials."  I believe this behavior depends on the value you set for
> the *blockUnknown* authentication parameter.
>

> On 06/15/2018 06:25 AM, Jan Høydahl wrote:
>> When authentication is enabled ALL requests must carry valid credentials.
>>
>> Are you asking for a feature where a request is authenticated based on IP address
of the client, not username/password?