lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ronja Koistinen <ronja.koisti...@helsinki.fi>
Subject Solr Cloud 6.6.4 in Docker containers: collection creation fails
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2018 13:35:38 GMT
Hello,

I am running Solr Cloud 6.6.4 in Docker containers on three RHEL7
virtual machines. The containers are networked in bridge mode.

I can access the Solr Admin web interface on the nodes and I can see all
nodes in the /live_nodes tree in ZooKeeper.

ZooKeeper is installed directly on the host virtual machines, i.e.
ZooKeeper is not in containers, only the Solr nodes are.

When I try to create a new collection through
/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE I get the error
"SolrServerException:Server refused connection at http://node1:8984/solr".

Please see attached log files. I tried to identify the relevant portions
from my Solr logs so not everything is included. (The logs have also
been slightly edited to conceal potentially sensitive information and
actual hostnames.)

Troubleshooting so far: "wget" inside the Solr container on node0 is
able to connect to the Solr containers running on node1 and node2, so it
should not be a routing or firewall issue.

--
Ronja Koistinen
University of Helsinki