lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sambhav Kothari <samb...@metabrainz.org>
Subject Re: Weird behavioural differences between pf in dismax and edismax
Date Thu, 31 May 2018 09:32:28 GMT
Hi,

We personally use dismax as a more basic search endpoint so that users who
are not aware for lucene syntax don't end up using special keywords or
chars. which might affect their search queries.
The switch between dismax and edismax is triggered by an advanced get param.

I imagine there might be others who use it for similar purposes.

Regards,
Sam