lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michal Danilák <mimino.co...@gmail.com>
Subject Faceting over ExternalFileField
Date Wed, 09 May 2018 10:36:12 GMT
Is it possible to facet over ExternalFileField values?

If I have this in my schema.xml:

<fieldType name="ext_file_field_id" class="solr.ExternalFileField"
keyField="id" defVal="0" stored="false" indexed="false" />

<field name="eff_age"    type="ext_file_field_id" />

And request the following facet:

facet={
    "age": {
        "field": "eff_age",
        "type": "terms",
        "limit": 10
    }
}

It returns an empty list of buckets.

First, it doesn't throw an error, which means, it should do something.
Second, if I'm not mistaken, external file fields behave like doc values,
so it should be possible to facet over them.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some other way around this?

Thanks

-Michal