lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Greenhorn Techie <greenhorntec...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr Heap usage
Date Tue, 01 May 2018 23:33:56 GMT
Hi,

Wondering what are the considerations to be aware to arrive at an optimal
heap size for Solr JVM? Though I did discuss this on the IRC, I am still
unclear on how Solr uses the JVM heap space. Are there any pointers to
understand this aspect better?

Given that Solr requires an optimally configured heap, so that the
remaining unused memory can be used for OS disk cache, I wonder how to best
configure Solr heap. Also, on the IRC it was discussed that having 31GB of
heap is better than having 32GB due to Java’s internal usage of heap. Can
anyone guide further on heap configuration please?

Thanks