lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Gazzarini <a.gazzar...@sease.io>
Subject Re: Weird behavioural differences between pf in dismax and edismax
Date Mon, 28 May 2018 07:01:34 GMT
Hi Sam,
I noticed the same behaviour. Looking at the code it seems that it is
expected: the two classes (ExtendedDisMaxQParser and DisMaxQParser)
don't have a direct inheritance relationships and the methods which deal
with the PF parameter are different. Specifically, the
DismaxQParser.getPhraseQuery seems to produce the query phrase
regardless the number of terms that compose the query (and this matches
with the observed behaviour), while the ExtendedDismax seems to take in
account this aspect .

I agree with you, it results in a different behaviour, even for those
single-word queries that output more than one terms (e.g. putting a pf
clause with a q=hello-world and a field in qf which uses a
StandardTokenizer or a WordDelimiterFilter in the analyzer).

About the reason of such different implementation, I don't know, maybe
someone else here is able to help you.

Best,
Andrea