lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject RE: IndexFetcher cannot download index file
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2018 19:53:46 GMT
Inline.

-----Original message-----

messages are visible. The 'low disk space' line was hidden in the stack trace of the WARN,
as you can see in the pasted example, thus invisible in the GUI with default settings.

> Hmm.  I can see stacktraces on WARN messages in 6.6 and earlier versions
> in the admin UI.  I don't have running servers with newer versions to
> check.  That sounds a little like a bug.

I don't see stack traces for most WARNs, for example the checksum warning on recovery (other
thread), or the Trie* deprecations.

> > If the log level of the message were raised to ERROR, it would be visible. I would
think that any recovery WARN message should be raised to ERROR or even FATAL, because in this
state whatever Solr does, it will never recover and in the mean time not show why the recovery
failed.

> That particular log probably SHOULD be an error.  Will look into that
> when I have some time.

I'll open a ticket tomorrow so we can track it.

Thanks!
Markus