lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject RE: Storing Ranking Scores And Documents In Separate Indices
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2018 20:59:52 GMT
Hello Quynh,

Solr has support for external file fields [1]. They are a simple key=float based text file
where key is ID, and the float can be used for boosting/scoring documents. This is a much
simpler approach than using a separate collection. These files can be reloaded every commit
and are really easy to use. We use them for boosting documents by their popularity.

Hope that helps,
Markus

[1]  https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/working-with-external-files-and-processes.html