lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Monica Skidmore <Monica.Skidm...@careerbuilder.com>
Subject Load Balancing between Two Cloud Clusters
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2018 16:46:04 GMT
We are migrating from a master-slave configuration to Solr cloud (7.3) and have questions about
the preferred way to load balance between the two clusters.  It looks like we want to use
a load balancer that directs queries to any of the server nodes in either cluster, trusting
that node to handle the query correctly – true?  If we auto-scale nodes into the cluster,
are there considerations about when a node becomes ‘ready’ to query from a Solr perspective
and when it is added to the load balancer?  Also, what is the preferred method of doing a
health-check for the load balancer – would it be “bin/solr healthcheck -c myCollection”?

Pointers in the right direction – especially to any documentation on running multiple clusters
with the same dataset – would be appreciated.

Monica Skidmore
Senior Software Engineer

[cid:image001.png@01D3A0F1.06327950]