lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lee Carroll <lee.a.carr...@googlemail.com>
Subject Difference between BasicResultContext and ResultContext in Response
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2018 12:08:00 GMT
Hi all,

I'm writing a custom response writer to output a very simple rendition of a
solr result set to clients.

In my tests I do:

h.getCore().execute(h.getCore().getRequestHandler(null),req,rsp);

which for a q=*:* request object returns a response with a  BasicResultContext.

In TextResponseWriter when processing this object a comment notes, "should not

normally happen" and creates a ResultContext from the
BasicResultContext and carries

on processing.   If I handle ResultContext and BasicResultContext in
my custom writer

will that be enough? Or do I need to worry about other document wrappers.

Lee C