lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SolrCloud indexing
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2018 15:38:20 GMT
BTW, the effort you put into creating a process to totally replace
your index won't be wasted. I pretty much guarantee that you'll have
to re-index everything upon occasion if for no other reason than the
requirements will change. "Oh, you know that field we said never would
be used for phrase searches? We changed our mind"......... "We decided
to support 14 new use cases....." ;)...

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 10:32 PM, Moshe Recanati | KMS <mosher@kmslh.com> wrote:
> Hi Shawn,
> Thank you.
> I just need to run full indexing due to massive changes in the document.
>
> Regards,
> Moshe Recanati
> CTO
> Mobile  + 972-52-6194481
> Skype    :  recanati

upgrade.  You'll have to stop Solr processes to upgrade them, and even if you're using an
external load balancer, it takes a little bit of time for failover to occur.

> It would be up to your indexing software to handle errors in that situation.  There is
nothing that Solr can do about that.  If your indexing software correctly detects and handles
errors, then you might be able to restart Solr instances without a problem.