lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Tom Peters <tpet...@synacor.com>
Subject Re: Does CDCR Bootstrap sync leaves replica's out of sync
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2018 18:20:37 GMT
There are two ways I've gotten around this issue:

1. Add replicas in the target data center after CDCR bootstrapping has completed.

-or-

2. After the bootstrapping has completed, restart the replica nodes one-at-time in the target
data center (restart, wait for replica to catch up, then restart the next).

I recommend doing method #1 over #2 if you can. If you accidentally restart the leader node
using method #2, it will promote an out-of-sync replica to the leader and all followers will
receive that out-of-date index.

I also recommend pausing indexing if you can while you let the target replicas catch up. I
have run into issues where the replicas will not catch up if the leader has a fair amount
of updates to replay from the source.

> On Apr 16, 2018, at 2:15 PM, Amrit Sarkar <sarkaramrit2@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Susheel,
>
> Pretty sure you are talking about this:
>
> Amrit Sarkar
> Search Engineer
> Lucidworks, Inc.
> 415-589-9269
> www.lucidworks.com
> Twitter http://twitter.com/lucidworks
> LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarkaramrit2
> Medium: https://medium.com/@sarkaramrit2
>
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 11:35 PM, Susheel Kumar <susheel2777@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know about known issue where CDCR bootstrap sync leaves the
>> replica's on target cluster non touched/out of sync.
>>
>> After I stopped and restart CDCR, it builds my target leaders index but
>> replica's on target cluster still showing old index / not modified.
>>

>> Thnx

This message and any attachment may contain information that is confidential and/or proprietary.
Any use, disclosure, copying, storing, or distribution of this e-mail or any attached file
by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message and any attachments.
Thank you.