lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: replication
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2018 13:28:05 GMT
On 4/10/2018 9:14 AM, Erick Erickson wrote:
> The very first thing I'd do is set up a simple SolrCloud setup and
> give it a spin. Unless your indexing load is quite heavy, the added
> work the NRT replicas have in SolrCloud isn't a problem so worrying
> about that is premature optimization unless you have a heavy load.....

<snip>

>>> Also, you should understand something that has come to my attention
>>> recently (and is backed up by documentation):  If the master does a soft
>>> commit and the segment that was committed remains in memory (not flushed
>>> to disk), that segment will NOT be replicated to the slaves.  It has to
>>> get flushed to disk before it can be replicated.

Erick, I wasn't sure whether you caught onto that part of what I said.
The "backed up by documentation" part is this:  The reference guide
specifically says that TLOG and PULL replica types do not support NRT
indexing (soft commit).  I was actually unaware of that limitation, but
in hindsight it makes sense.

Thanks,
Shawn