lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Emir Arnautović <emir.arnauto...@sematext.com>
Subject Re: Filter query question
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2018 08:25:27 GMT
Hi,
What is the number of these status indicators? It is expected to have slower query if you
have more clauses since Solr/Lucene has to load postings for each term and then OR them. The
real question is why it is constantly slow since you are using fq and it should be cached.
Did you disable filter cache? Or you maybe commit frequently and do not have warmup query
that would load that filter in cache?

Emir

> On 12 Apr 2018, at 09:46, LOPEZ-CORTES Mariano-ext <mariano.lopez-cortes-ext@pole-emploi.fr>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> In our search application we have one facet filter (Status)
>
> Each status value corresponds to multiple values in the Solr database
>
> Example : Status : Initialized --> status in solr =  11I, 12I, 13I, 14I, ...
>
> On status value click, search is re-fired with fq filter:
>
> fq: status:(11I OR 12I OR 13I ....)
>
> This was very very inefficient. Filter query response time was longer than same search
without filter!

> We have changed status value in Solr database for corresponding to visual filter values.
In consequence, there is no OR in the fq filter.