lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Emir Arnautović <emir.arnauto...@sematext.com>
Subject Re: Using Solr to search website and external Oracle ServiceCloud
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2018 21:55:45 GMT
Hi,
You have several options:
1. keep date as is and implement federated search logic with two queries - one to Solr and
other to Oracle. PRO: no need to change data flow. CON: Results are not comparable when it
comes to scores and you will probably need to present it as separate groups
2. import data from Oracle to Solr and align it so it has the same structure. PRO: ability
to run a single query and have mixed results based on relevancy. With mixing content, you
can have better stats and have more relevant results.  CON: need to change data flow or sync
Oracle-Solr
3. import data from Oracle to Solr but keep FAQ as a separate collection. PRO:  a single search
engine and no need to align knowledge base content with site content. CON: the same issues
as with 1. and 2.

HTH,
Emir