lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Replicate configoverlay.json
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2018 16:48:52 GMT
On 3/8/2018 9:25 AM, Sundaram, Dinesh wrote:
> Well. I have mixed cloud and master/slave concepts since solr is supporting. Is there
nay way to replicate dynamic confugurations to slave without zookeeper?

If the configoverlay.json file is in the same zookeeper path as
solrconfig.xml, then you MIGHT be able to use confFiles like I described
before.  I have no idea whether it would actually work, though.  It's
entirely possible that SolrCloud cores will not transfer conf files to
slaves.  I've never tried it, I have no idea whether it's going to work
or not.

With SolrCloud, all configuration is in zookeeper.  If a conf directory
exists in a core directory, it is completely ignored.

I will go on record to say that if you're running SolrCloud, you should
not be using master/slave replication. SolrCloud *does* take over the
replication handler for its own purposes, and configures it dynamically
based on the needs of the moment.  I do not know what that would do to a
typical master/slave setup.  If you're going to do it anyway, you should
probably be using a handler with a name other than "/replication" for
your master-slave setup, because that's the handler name that SolrCloud
will use.

Thanks,
Shawn