lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Tom Peters <tpet...@synacor.com>
Subject /var/solr/data has lots of index* directories
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2018 18:13:52 GMT
While trying to debug an issue with CDCR, I noticed that the /var/solr/data directories on
my source cluster have wildly different sizes.

  % for i in solr2-{a..e}; do echo -n "$i: "; ssh -A $i du -sh /var/solr/data; done
  solr2-a: 9.5G   /var/solr/data
  solr2-b: 29G    /var/solr/data
  solr2-c: 6.6G   /var/solr/data
  solr2-d: 9.7G   /var/solr/data
  solr2-e: 19G    /var/solr/data

The leader is currently "solr2-a"

Here's the actual index size:

  Master (Searching)
  1520273178244 # version
  73034         # gen
  3.66 GB       # size

When I look inside /var/solr/data/ on solr2-b, I see a bunch of index.* directories:

  % ls | grep index
  index.20180223021742634
  index.20180223024901983
  index.20180223033852960
  index.20180223034811193
  index.20180223035648403
  index.20180223041040318
  index.properties

On solr2-a, I only see one index directory (index.20180222192820572).

Does anyone know why this will happen and how I can clean it up without potentially causing
any issues? We're currently on version Solr 7.1.

This message and any attachment may contain information that is confidential and/or proprietary.
Any use, disclosure, copying, storing, or distribution of this e-mail or any attached file
by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message and any attachments.
Thank you.