lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: edit gc parameters in solr.in.sh or solr?
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2018 01:52:26 GMT
On 3/26/2018 6:41 PM, Derek Poh wrote:
> On my installation, "solr.in.sh" is in solr-6.6.2/bin directory. It is
> recommended to place the file in /etc/default?
>
> Regarding the "solrfile", I was referring to the file "solr". Sorry
> for the typo.
> The file "solr" is not edited normally?

I've redirected my reply to this private message back to the list.

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#private_q

If the active solr.in.sh file is not in /etc/default, that means that
the service installer script was NOT used.  I strongly recommend using
the service installer script on systems that will support it.

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/taking-solr-to-production.html

Moving the location of that file manually to /etc/default might not
actually work.  I have not reviewed the script recently enough to know
for sure.  It *might* work.  My memory is fuzzy, but checking that
location might be part of the bin/solr script already.  Whether that
memory is correct or not, I still recommend running the service
installer script.

The bin/solr script should not be edited unless you're fixing a bug in
that script.  A lot of Solr's startup settings can be changed with
solr.in.sh.  More settings are being added over time as Solr evolves.

Thanks,
Shawn