lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lancaster <peter.lancas...@findmypast.com>
Subject RE: Query redg : diacritics in keyword search
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2018 13:12:50 GMT
Hi,

You don't say whether the AsciiFolding filter is at index time or query time. In any case
you can easily look at what's happening using the admin analysis tool which helpfully will
even highlight where the analysed query and index token match.

That said I'd expect what you want to work if you simply use <filter class="solr.ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory"/>
on both index and query.

Cheers,
Peter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul, Lulu [mailto:Lulu.Paul@bl.uk]
Sent: 29 March 2018 12:03
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Query redg : diacritics in keyword search

Hi,

The keyword search Carré  returns values Carré and Carre (this works well as I added the
tokenizer <filter class="solr.ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory" preserveOriginal="true"/> in
the schema config to enable returning of both sets of values)

Now looks like we want Carre to return both Carré and Carre (and this dosen’t work. Solr
only returns Carre) – any ideas on how this scenario can be achieved?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Lulu Paul

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk<http://www.bl.uk/> The British Library’s
latest Annual Report and Accounts : www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html<http://www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html>
Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. Adopt a Book. www.bl.uk/adoptabook<http://www.bl.uk/adoptabook>
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It
is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete
this e-mail and notify the postmaster@bl.uk<mailto:postmaster@bl.uk> : The contents
of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily
reflect those of the British Library. The British Library does not take any responsibility
for the views of the author.
Think before you print

This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. You should not disclose
its contents to any other person. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender named above immediately. It is expressly declared that this e-mail does not constitute
nor form part of a contract or unilateral obligation. Opinions, conclusions and other information
in this message that do not relate to the official business of findmypast shall be understood
as neither given nor endorsed by it.