lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lancaster <peter.lancas...@findmypast.com>
Subject RE: How to escape OR or any other keyword in solr
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2018 07:47:06 GMT
Hi Raunak,

Are you using a stop word file? That might be why you're getting 0 results searching for "OR".

Cheers,
Peter.

-----Original Message-----
From: RAUNAK AGRAWAL [mailto:agrawal.raunak@gmail.com]
Sent: 27 March 2018 07:45
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: How to escape OR or any other keyword in solr

I have to search for state "OR" [short form for Oregon]. When I am making query state:OR,
I am getting SolrException since it is recognising it as keyword.

Now I tried with quotes ("") or //OR as well and when doing so..Solr doesn't give exception
but it also doesn't return any matching document.

Kindly let me know what is the workaround for this issue?

Thanks

This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. You should not disclose
its contents to any other person. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender named above immediately. It is expressly declared that this e-mail does not constitute
nor form part of a contract or unilateral obligation. Opinions, conclusions and other information
in this message that do not relate to the official business of findmypast shall be understood
as neither given nor endorsed by it.