lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Albert Lee <albertlee8...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: solr query
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 09:53:31 GMT
I don’t want to add separate fields since I have many dates to index. How to index it as
timestamp and do function query, any example or documentation?

Regards,
Albert

From: Emir Arnautović
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 5:38 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: solr query

Hi Albert,
The simplest solution is to index month/year as separate fields. Alternative is to index it
as timestamp and do function query to do some math and filter out records.

Emir

> On 14 Mar 2018, at 10:31, Albert Lee <albertlee8901@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> NOW/MONTH and NOW/YEAR to get the start of month/year, but how can I get current month
of regardless year. Like the use case,  people who’s birthdate is this month?

reference to date math: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/working-with-dates.html#WorkingwithDates-DateMathSyntax