lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <elyog...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Rename solrconfig.xml
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2018 09:21:57 GMT
On 2/27/2018 12:59 AM, Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo wrote:
> Regarding the core.properties, understand from the Solr guide that we need
> to define the "config" properties first. However, my core.properties will
> only be created when I create the collection from the command
> http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=collection
>
> The core.properties does not exists, and if I try to create one manually,
> Solr will not read it, and it will still try to look for solrconfig.xml.
>
> What should be the right way to create the core.properties?

If you're running SolrCloud, you'll very likely have to allow it to
create all the cores in the collection, then go back and modify the
core.properties files that get created, and reload the collection once
they're all changed.  If this actually works, keep in mind that the
renamed config file is going to be loaded from zookeeper, right where
solrconfig.xml would normally exist.

Specifying options remotely in core.properties can only be done with the
CoreAdmin API, but this is not used when in Cloud mode. The Collections
API actually *does* use the CoreAdmin API behind the scenes, but because
its usage in SolrCloud is very much an expert-level task, you shouldn't
use it directly.

The big question I have:  Why would you want to cause yourself
difficulty by doing this?

Thanks,
Shawn