lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <elyog...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: security authentication API via solrj?
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2018 01:13:26 GMT
On 2/25/2018 1:28 PM, Peter Sturge wrote:
> I was wondering if 7.2.1 solrj had native support for the
> security/authentication endpoint? I couldn't find anything in the docs
> about it, but maybe someone has some experience with it?
> Note: This is about adding/deleting users on a solr instance using solrj,
> not authenticating (that is well documented).

At first I was looking for how to use authentication with SolrJ. I came
up with this:

====
Looks like this is not available when using the sugar objects like
SolrQuery.  To use authentication, it seems you have to create the
request objects yourself.

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_2/basic-authentication-plugin.html#using-basic-auth-with-solrj
====

Then I noticed you were talking about the actual security endpoint --
adding users.

I have been looking over the objects available in SolrJ, and I do not
see anything useful.  It looks like you might need a new request object
class, implemented similar to DirectXMLRequest, but using JSON and not
XML.  It might be possible to make it an implicitly defined class rather
than creating a whole class file.

A proper sugar class for handling the security endpoint should be
created.  I would do it, but I'm not sure how.

Thanks,
Shawn