lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Solr search word NOT followed by another word
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2018 15:41:19 GMT
That requires a SpanNotQuery.  AFAIK, there is no way to do this with the current parsers included
in Solr.

My SpanQueryParser does cover this, and I'm hoping to port it to 7.x today or tomorrow.

Syntax would be "Leonardo [da vinci]"!~0,1

https://github.com/tballison/lucene-addons/tree/master/lucene-5205

https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.tallison.lucene/lucene-5205

With Solr wrapper: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5410

-----Original Message-----
From: ivan [mailto:ivan@presstoday.com]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 6:00 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Solr search word NOT followed by another word

What i'm trying to do is to only get results for "Leonardo" when is not followed by "da vinci".
So any result containing "Leonardo" (not followed by "da vinci") is fine even if i have "Leonardo
da vinci" in the result. I want to filter out only the results where i don't have "Leonardo"
without "da vinci".

Examples:
"Leonardo abc abc abc"   OK
"Leonardo da vinci abab"  KO
"Leonardo is the name of Leonardo da Vinci"  OK

I can't seem to find any way to do that using solr queries. I can't use regex (i have a tokenized
text field) and any combination of boolean logic doesn't seem to work.

Any help?
Thanks