lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: How to form a boolean query such that it wont evaluate the right hand side if it isn't necessary
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 18:38:02 GMT
That doesn’t really make sense for Solr query evaluation. It fetches the posting lists for
each term, then walks through them evaluating the query against all the documents.

It can skip a document as soon as it fails the query, but it still has to fetch the posting
lists.

So, that feature doesn’t exist because it isn’t useful.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org