lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: analysis error - cannot change numBytes from 4 to 8
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2018 21:49:20 GMT
Steve:

Did this work in the past but just stopped? If so, did you change your
schema at all?

If you changed your schema at all, you probably have to reindex from
scratch. However, you _must_ be absolutely sure you've removed all
traces of your old index, I usually just create a new colletion to
test.

Finally you say "it's potentially multivalued". So you have to specify
the field multiple times, as:
<field name="ani">6157731300</field>
<field name="ani">6157731301</field>

NOT
<field name="ani">6157731300 6157731301</field>

Best,
Erick

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 9:15 AM, Steve Pruitt <bpruitt@opentext.com> wrote:
> I have a collection with a field defined as plongs.  The field schema is:  <field
name="ani" type="plongs" multiValued="true" indexed="true" required="false" stored="true"/>

> For each document to add, I build up a HashMap of field values.   Since its multi-valued
field, I create an ArrayList of type Long and add the values to it.  The ArrayList is added
to the HashMap.
> Next, I create a SolrInputDocument from the HashMap.  I add each SolrInputDocument to
a Collection of type SolrInputDocument.

> To update, I call  add on my CloudSolrClient instance with the collection.
>
> I'm running with test documents and each document has the same value:  <field name="ani">6157731300</field>.
 Its potentially multivalued.

> I get this exception:
>
> Request to collection [explore] failed due to (400) org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException:
Error from server at http://myHost:8983/solr/explore_shard2_replica_n2: Exception writing
document id 1427388717...1343947742 to the index; possible analysis error: cannot change point
numBytes from 4 to 8 for field="ani"