lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Pratik Patel <pra...@semandex.net>
Subject Best Practice about solr cloud schema
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 22:59:16 GMT
Hello all,

I have added some fields to default managed-schema file. I was wondering if
it is safe to take default managed-schema file as is and add your own
fields to it in production. What is the best practice for this? As I
understand, it should be safe to use default schema as base if documents
that are going to be indexed in solr will only have newly defined fields in
it. In fact, it helps because the common field types are already defined in
default schema which can be re-used. I looked through the documentation but
couldn't find the answer and more clarity on this would be helpful.

Is it safe to use default managed-schema file as base add your own fields
to it?

Thanks,
Pratik