lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Srinivas Kashyap <srini...@tradestonesoftware.com>
Subject Database logins and active sessions
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 06:40:31 GMT
Hello,

We have configured Solr index server on tomcat and fetch the data from database to index the
data. We have implemented delta query indexing based on modify_ts.

In our data-config.xml we have a parent entity and 17 child entity. We have 18 such solr cores.
When we call delta-import on a core, it executes 18 SQL query to query database.

Each time delta-import is opening a new session onto database. Log-in and log-out though happening
at a split second, we are finding millions of login and logout at database.

As per our DBA, login and logout are costly operation in terms of server resources.

Is there a way to reduce the number of  logins and logouts and have a persistent DB connection
from solr?

Thanks and Regards,
Srinivas Kashyap

DISCLAIMER:
E-mails and attachments from TradeStone Software, Inc. are confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to the e-mail, and then delete it without making copies or using it
in any way. No representation is made that this email or any attachments are
free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of
the recipient.