lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <elyog...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Facet performance problem
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 08:29:35 GMT
On 2/20/2018 1:18 AM, LOPEZ-CORTES Mariano-ext wrote:
> We return a facet list of values in "motifPresence" field (person status).
> 	[x] status2
> 	[x] status3
>
> The user then selects 1 or multiple status (It's this step that we called "facet filtering").
>
> Query is then re-executed with fq=motifPresence:(status2 OR status3)
>
> We use fq in order to not alter the score in main query.
>
> We've read that docValues=true for facet fields.
>
> We need also indexed=true?

Facets, grouping, and sorting are more efficient with docValues, but
searches aren't helped by docValues.  Without indexed="true", searches
on the field will be VERY slow.  A filter query is still a search.  The
"filter" in filter query just refers to the fact that it's separate from
the main query, and that it does not affect relevancy scoring.

Thanks,
Shawn