lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Mukhopadhyay, Aratrika" <Aratrika.Mukhopadh...@mail.house.gov>
Subject RE: Relevancy Tuning For Solr With Apache Nutch 2.3
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 17:29:48 GMT
Hi Allesandro ,
                  Nutch provides a certain set of fields to solr via the solr-index mapping.xml.
One of the fields that nutch is providing is a field named boost. This value is calculated
via the scoring-opic plugin within  nutch and is an index time boost. I would just like to
remove this boost field altogether and perform a query time boost on the solr side but I find
when I am removing the scoring-opic plugin there are no documents being indexed to solr. The
boost field on the solr side is stored as a tdoubles field.

Aratrika

-----Original Message-----
From: Alessandro Benedetti [mailto:a.benedetti@sease.io]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2018 11:41 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Relevancy Tuning For Solr With Apache Nutch 2.3

uhm, not really.
I am just saying that if you are running a version >=6.6.0 keep in mind that the index
time boost you think you are enabling is not actually working anymore.

You are now mentioning a nutch boost field...
Can you elaborate that ?
It may be a completely different thing...
How is this boost stored Solr side ?

Cheers

-----
Alessandro Benedetti