lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Hodder, Rick" <RHod...@navg.com>
Subject SOLR Similarity Difference
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2018 22:39:31 GMT
I'm converting SOLR 4.10.2 to SOLR 7.1

I have the following three strings in both SOLR cores

Action Technical Temporaries t/a CTR Corporation
Action Technical Temporaries
Action Technical Temporar

If I search

IDX_CompanyName: (Action AND Technical AND Temporaries AND t/a AND CTR AND Corporation)

Under 4.10.2 I see all three in the results

Under 7.1, with the default BF25 similarity. I only see the first result

Someone on the list suggested that make 7.1 to go back to the similarity factory used in 4.10.2
that I add the following to the schema.xml.

<similarity class="org.apache.solr.search.similarities.ClassicSimilarityFactory"></similarity>

That brings all three results.

But my boss would prefer that we don't use the older similarity factory.

Is there some setting other than similarity factory that will make 7.1 include these documents
without changing the query?

Thanks,

Rick Hodder
Information Technology