lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sadiki Latty <sla...@uottawa.ca>
Subject RE: "editorialMarkerFieldName"
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 14:28:23 GMT
Bumping this question up.  Is anyone familiar with how the 'editorialMarkerFieldName' parameter
works?

Am I doing something wrong?

-----Original Message-----
From: Sadiki Latty [mailto:slatty@uottawa.ca]
Sent: February-04-18 11:12 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: "editorialMarkerFieldName"

Hello

I have added the "editorialMarkerFieldName" to my search component but nothing happens. Am
I missing something in my configuration? I have confirmed that the elevation aspect is working
as it should. The documents in the 'elevate.xml' are being elevated so the component is being
read, but specifically that parameter does not seem to change the result. I have a configuration
similar to the one below (copied from the guide) and I have the elevator str in my 'last-components'
section of my request handler.

<searchComponent name="elevator" class="solr.QueryElevationComponent" >
  <!-- pick a fieldType to analyze queries -->
  <str name="queryFieldType">string</str>
  <str name="config-file">elevate.xml</str>
 <str name="editorialMarkerFieldName">foo</str>
</searchComponent>

Am I misunderstanding the purpose of this parameter? Isnt it supposed to distinguish the elevated
results from the normal results with the given string?

I am using Solr 7.1.0 btw

Thanks in advance,

Sid