lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Scott Prentice <s...@leximation.com>
Subject Re: SolrCloud installation troubles...
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2018 21:18:02 GMT
Looks like 2888 and 2890 are not open. At least they are not reported
with a netstat -plunt .. could be the problem.

Thanks, all!

...scott

On 1/29/18 1:10 PM, Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C] wrote:
> Trying 127.0.0.1 could help.   We kind of tend to think localhost is always 127.0.0.1,
but I've seen localhost start to resolve to ::1, the IPv6 equivalent of 127.0.0.1.

> I guess some environments can be strict enough to restrict communication on localhost;
seems hard to imagine, but it does happen.

was causing confusion. Any thoughts on how to debug?
> And, what do you mean by "extreme garbage collection pauses"? Is that Solr garbage collection
or the OS itself? There's really nothing happening on this machine, it's purely for testing
so there shouldn't be any extra load from other processes.