lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Multi-core logging - can't tell which core?
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2018 14:21:05 GMT
On 1/17/2018 5:24 AM, Mark Sullivan wrote:
> I am migrating a good number of cores over to the latest instance of solr (well, 7.1.0)
installed locally.  It is working well, but my code is occasionally sending requests to search
or index an old field that was replaced in the schema.

> I see this in the logging, but I can't determine which core the log comes from.   How
can I tell which core is receiving the offending requests?

Whatever you are referring to is not here.  The mailing list eats most
attachments -- they don't make it through.

If you edit server/etc/jetty.xml you'll find a commented out section
that enables request logging.  Remove the comment marks, restart Solr,
and you'll get a log in server/logs that will include the source address
for all requests.  You won't be able to tell which core sent the
request, but narrowing it down to which server sent the request will
probably be enough to investigate further.  You will need to make sure
that you have good time synchronization on the servers so that
timestamps in logs will match up.

Thanks,
Shawn