lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Steve Pruitt <bpru...@opentext.com>
Subject document colocation
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2018 19:41:17 GMT
I have two document types that share several fields.  We currently plan a single index for
both types.  One of the shared fields contains a value that correlates two document instances,
i.e. two documents of the two types has the same value.  The values are random integers.

We would like each correlated document pair to be indexed in the same shard.

Document routing doesn't seem like it will work.

My development cluster has three Solrcloud nodes - 3 shards, 1 replica
As a simple exercise, I defined a collection with implicit routing on the correlated field
and ended up with a single shard.  I was primarily curious to see what I would get.

Are there other possibilities to insure two documents sharing a field value can be indexed
in the same shard?

Thanks.

-S