lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Heavy operations in PostFilter are heavy
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2018 15:08:11 GMT
Are you doing cache=false and cost > 100?

See the recent article on the topic deep-dive, if you haven't:
https://lucidworks.com/2017/11/27/caching-and-filters-and-post-filters/

Regards,
   Alex.

On 3 January 2018 at 05:31, Solrmails <solrmails@protonmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to write a Solr PostFilter to do filtering within the 'collect'-Method(DelegatingCollector).
I have to do some heavy operations within the 'collect'-Method. This isn't a problem for a
few results. But unfortunately it taks forever with 50 or more results. This is because I
have to do the checks for every single id again and can't process a list of ids within 'collect'.

> Is there a better place to do PostFiltering? But I don't want to reimplement the Solr
Paging/Coursor-Feature to get my things to work.