lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Emir Arnautović <emir.arnauto...@sematext.com>
Subject Re: Help with Boolean search using Solr parser edismax
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2018 10:01:27 GMT
Hi Wendy,
I see several issues, but not sure if any of them is the reason why you are not getting what
you expect:
* there are no spaces around OR and that results in query being parsed sometimes with OR,
e.g. (pdb_id:OR\”Solution)^5
* wildcard in quotes - it is not handled as you expected - the whole phrase is analysed and
wildcard is eliminated and resulting query is method:”x rai”
* In 1d you search for “x-reays*” - that will search all fields, not just method field
- maybe that is why you get 844 results.

Can you provide debug query for all three 1d, 1e and 1f (with spaces around OR). Please paste
results as text and not as picture, and do not update original post since some of us are using
mails and we are not getting updates.

Thanks,
Emir